This week we host a podcast mix by a man close to our hearts. Firmly at the forefront of Berlin’s newfound love affair with steamy, slowed-down house, Andre Lodemann needs little introduction to followers of this blog.
As head honcho at Best Works alongside long-time pal Daniel Best, the label recently celebrated 2 prolific years of existence, boasting the likes of Vakula, Subfossil, and a well received effort from Prommer & Barck amongst it’s releases. Added to this, his own output on Freerange , Room With A View and more has helped further affirm his presence in today’s house community. Competing in a city like Berlin, home to so much vibrant creativity and the unofficial Mecca of electronic music at large, Andre has succeeded at crafting a richly textured niche with his atmospheric take on house and techno. This has also made him a sought-after addition to line-ups across Europe and the world, and it was on just such a visit to Vibe Bar in London recently that we had the privilege of capturing this accomplished talent at work.
Words by Robin Would
01. Little Dragon – Fortune (Mario & Vidis Redo)
02. Snoretex – Strange Aeons – Buzzin Fly
03. SE62 – Wax Pencils – Home Taping Is Killing Music
04. Herb LF – Shake’em Down – Soul Print Recordings
05. Red Rack’em – All I Ever Wanted – Untracked
06. Locussolus – Next To You – International Feel
07. OOFT! – Hit For Six – Dikso
08. Vincenzo – 106 Downtown – Dessous
09. Alfabet – Roundabout – Rush Hour
10. Maya Jane Coles – You – Hypercolour
11. Mario & Vidis – Plastic People – Best Works Records
12. Prommer & Barck – Submarine Bells – Derwin
13. Iron Curtis – Cover Me – Retreat
14. 6th Borough Project – Iznae – Delusions Of Grandeur
15. Fritz Zander – When The Lights Went Out – Suol
16. Andre Lodemann – Your Choice – Room With A View
You can view live video footage of the event here.